Forums | Profile | Inbox | Members | Chat | Search | Login | RSS
Vivio Technologies Dedicated Hosting
New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page

Forums: ImageCFC Forum: bandOffsets.length is wrong
Created on: 11/09/09 {ts '2018-12-15 23:30:00'} Views: 10983 Replies: 2
bandOffsets.length is wrong
Posted Monday, November 9, 2009 at {ts '2018-12-15 23:30:00'}

I am getting an error when trying to resize and crop an image using imagecfc:

An error occurred attempting to read the specified image. bandOffsets.length is wrong! - An error occurred attempting to read the specified image. bandOffsets.length is wrong! - The error occurred on line 1301.

I have done some searching and it seems that it could be because the jpg img dpi is not 72dpi (why this should affect anything I don't know) .. so if I'm going to open this to the public, I can't stipulate "your image must be 72dpi!"

Is there a way that this can be changed on the fly?

Thx for your help.

- NEW EDIT:
It seems that the problem isn't with the DPI - it was an embedded CMYK color profile called: U.S. Web Coated (SWOP) v2

Once I opened and converted in Photoshop and re-saved - the image was uploaded and resized just fine. So the new question, how to handle this potential problem?

thanks

Edited 11/10/09 {ts '2018-12-15 02:42:00'}
RE: bandOffsets.length is wrong
Posted Thursday, November 12, 2009 at {ts '2018-12-15 07:57:00'}

I've never figured out a solution to handling embedded CYMK profiles, this issue has come up before...

Rick Root
I'm not certified, but I have been told that I'm certifiable!

RE: bandOffsets.length is wrong
Posted Thursday, November 19, 2009 at {ts '2018-12-15 02:12:00'}

Hi Rick, thanks for the reply.
I've noticed that as soon as this error happens, the error is thrown and the image file remains locked on the server. I cannot delete it - even within my ftp browser. (my server is off site) I get the error: "The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process."

Is there a way to close the file on error? You think it is java or coldfusion that has it locked. When other errors are thrown (eg trying to read a .tif or .gif file) the image is not locked and can be later deleted. What is special about this error? and how can I prevent this locking?

New Topic Reply Subscription Options   Previous Page  Page: 1   Previous Page
Subscription Options
Subscription options are available after you log in.

There are 11 active user sessions right now.